You are here
Speaker: Steve Polyak, Ph.D., Research Professor, Department of Laboratory Medicine; Graduate Program Director, Laboratory Medicine; Adjunct Research Professor, Departments of Global Health and Microbiology; UW Affiliate Investigator, VIDD, FHCRC; CIIID Member
Seminar Title: "Deciphering how drugs from nature suppress cellular inflammatory status"
Visiting Speaker: Rafick-Pierre Sékaly, Ph.D., The Richard J. Fasenmyer Professor of Immunopathogenesis, Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland OH
Seminar Title: "Tregs and the HIV reservoir : the hidden solution"
The Center for Innate Immunity and Immune Disease (CIIID) is hosting its Fall Quarterly seminar featuring Sam Miller, M.D. on Tuesday, Oct. 25th at 10am in the Brotman Auditorium, South Lake Union.
Speaker: Dr. Samuel Miller, M.D., Professor of Medicine, Microbiology, Immunology and Genome Sciences at the University of Washington.
Seminar Title: “Studying human diversity in innate immunity using cellular GWAS”
Visiting Speaker: Nan Shen M.D., Ph.D., Professor of Medicine and Director Shanghai Institute of Rheumatology & Ren Ji Hospital Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Seminar Title: “New Insight Into MicroRNAs Directed Molecular Pathways linked to Immune Dysregulation in Autoimmune Diseases ”
CIIID hosted its first inaugural Symposium on Innate Immunity in Health and Disease in the interactive venue of the South Lake Union neighborhood in Seattle. The 2-day scientific symposium consisted of 7 sessions with featured speakers focusing on innate immunity and immune disease. Below are the recorded videos.
Day 1: July 18th, 2016
- Welcome/Introduction by Michael Gale and Dean of CEO of UW Medicine & the School of Medicine, Paul Ramsey.
- Keynote Address by Bruce Beutler M.D, Nobel Laureate, UT Southwestern
- Session keynote: Yanick Crow, University of Manchester
- Brief talks by Ram Savan, Troy Torgerson, Michael Gerner.
- Session keynote: Glen Barber, University of Miami
- Brief talks by Keith Elkon, Jane Buckner, Erika Noss, Kathleen Pestal.
- Session keynote: Michael Diamond, Washington University
- Brief talks by Joshua Woodward, Thomas Hawn, Ralph Baric, Julie McElrath.
Session IV: Therapeutics and vaccines - no recording
Day 2: July 19th, 2016
- Session keynote: Joseph Marcotrigiano, Rutgers University
- Brief talks by Shyra Gardai, Barry Gumbiner, George Pavlakis.
- Session keynote: Jenny Ting, University of North Carolina
- Brief talks by Andrew Oberst, Michael Davis, Jessica Hamerman, Naeha Subramanian.
- Session keynote: Raphaela Goldbach-Mansky, NIH/NIAMS
- Brief talks by Shaun Jackson, Kristina Adams Waldorf, Anne Manicone
- Concluding remarks by Michael Gale
Visting Speaker: PingweiLi, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics Texas A&M University
Seminar Title: “Mechanism of Microbial DNA Sensing through the cGAS-STING Pathway”
- 1 of 2
- next ›